Best food for cats with sensitive stomachs
Just like humans, cats can be fussy eaters when it comes time to eat. But unlike people, your cat can’t talk back to you and explain why they aren’t interested in the food you’ve put in front of them.
At first you might think they are just being difficult, but in many cases your cat may have a sensitive stomach or food intolerance. To help your cat maintain their regular diet, make sure you are giving them high-quality cat food that meets their nutritional needs.
Is your cat a fussy eater?
People tend to unfairly associate cats with being overly fussy for no good reason. But the truth is that cats know their bodies better than anyone else – they just can’t tell you why they don’t want to eat certain foods. Sensitive stomachs are common among pet cats, so if you aren’t giving them the food they want then they will often go hungry or find something else to eat.
That’s why it’s important to monitor your cat during mealtimes to make sure they are happy with their food. If not, take the time to review their diet (whether it’s dry or wet food) and ensure the ingredients are meeting their nutritional needs.
Why do some cats have sensitive stomachs?
There are many reasons why your feline friend may turn up their nose at their food bowl. Some of the most common contributing factors include:
- Poor-quality diet that’s filled with an abundance of grains and glutens, rather than healthy meats, vegetables and fruits.
- Some cat breeds are more susceptible to allergies and food intolerances than others.
- New medication can impact your cat’s desire to eat.
- If your cat eats their food too fast, this can cause digestion issues.
- Some foods may be too rich for cats that are prone to vomiting after eating.
Choose a natural cat food with top-quality ingredients
Cats are discerning creatures and they won’t settle for second-best. So if you think you can get away with giving them cheap cat food from the supermarket, think again! They may end up eating it just because it’s the only thing in the house, but it certainly won’t give them the nutrients they need to stay at their happiest and most active self.
Instead, swap out their current food for a high-quality alternative made from natural, locally sourced ingredients. Hypro Premium Ocean Fish for cats is a hypoallergenic and grain-free dry food that has been designed to meet the high standards of pet cats – for all breeds and all sizes.
The blend is made up of 60% high-quality meats, fats and fish oil, while the remaining 40% is packed with vegetables, fruits, vegetable oils, vitamins and minerals. That means no grains or glutens to give your pet an upset stomach.
Want to ensure your cat gets the nutrition they need to stay happy and healthy? Hypro Premium offers the most premium cat food on the market, so find out more about our products and search our range today.