Why different dogs need different food
Just like humans, dogs have a wealth of options when it comes to the type of food they consume. As an owner, it’s important that you recognise that different dogs need different food, and you may actually be hampering your furry friend’s overall wellbeing by feeding them the wrong dog food. Here’s how to keep your dog happy and healthy with the most appropriate diet.
Hypro premium now offers Wholegrain dried food
For years we’ve been providing exceptional Grain Free pet food that ensures your dog has enough energy to fuel their lifestyle. It’s the ideal pet food for dogs that are dealing with allergies, digestion issues or simply following a Graine Free natural diet. However, we know that no two dogs are exactly alike, and pet owners should have the option to buy premium products that match their dog’s needs.
That’s why we recently rolled out our new Hypro Premium Wholegrain range. It delivers the same nutritional benefits as our Grain Free products but with the added benefit of grains. Packed with nutrients and providing the right amount of carbohydrates, fats and antioxidants that your dog needs, our Wholegrain pet food works to bolster your furry friend’s skin, coat and immune system.
5 factors to consider when picking dog food
But with so many options to choose from, it can be difficult to know what’s actually the best pet food for your dog. To help make the decision easier, let’s break down some of the most common factors that will influence the type of pet food you buy:
- Active vs sedate lifestyle: Working dogs such as Kelpies, Border Collies and Australian Cattle Dogs – especially those that work on rural farms – require a much higher daily energy intake than the average domestic pet. Also if you tend to take your pet for extended daily walks – or multiple times every day – then they may need a higher-calorie pet food like Hypro Premium Active Adult.
- Puppy or adult: Growing pups have different dietary requirements compared to adult dogs, so make sure you are feeding them dedicated puppy pet food to give them the perfect start to life.
- Allergies and digestion issues: Many dogs that have trouble digesting grains or have allergies to common pet foods require Grain Free products to help manage upset stomachs.
- Common health problems: Another common health problem in breeds like German Shepherds, Great Danes and Cocker Spaniels is dilated cardiomyopathy. This heart condition can come on quickly and unexpectedly, but feeding your pet a diet that includes Wholegrain can be a good option.
- Large or small breed: Finally, pick food that matches your dog’s size. Smaller breeds don’t require as many calories as larger breeds, for example. Always check the feeding guide on the back of your pet food to ensure you are giving your pup the right amount to eat every day.
A balanced diet with Hypro Premium dog food
At Hypro Premium, we understand that it can be confusing and even frustrating trying to figure out the best pet food for your four-legged friends. That’s why we recently expanded our range to include a variety of Wholegrain products. Now you can shop Hypro Premium and never have to worry about whether your dog is getting all the nutrition and dietary goodness their body craves.
If you want to make your own life easier while improving the overall wellbeing of your pooch, Hypro Premium has the high-quality products to give them the ultimate balanced diet. Start exploring our range of products today.